By "processing" is meant that Vestas collects, uses, discloses, stores and deletes your personal data.
Vestas is responsible for ensuring that we use that personal data in compliance with data protection laws.
Vestas only collects and processes your personal data if we have a legal basis for the processing under applicable laws, for example:
We have collected your consent,
It is necessary to fulfil an agreement with you,
We legally are obliged to do so, or
We have a legitimate interest.
Vestas will be guided by the following principles when processing personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specific purposes;
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties or across borders, except as stated herein, or with prior consent;
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of personal data secure;
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
Vestas is a global business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result we collect and transfer personal data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer your personal data to locations outside of your country. Where we transfer your personal data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements.
We have internal policies in place to ensure an adequate level of protection irrespective of where in the Vestas Group your data is located. Your personal data may be transferred within the Vestas Group for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us.
- Communicate with you about relevant products or product groups.
- Send you newsletters if you sign up to receive them, you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each communication.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
We may also share your personal data outside of the Vestas Group as further described below:
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
Vestas takes all appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your personal data and has implemented necessary security measures in order to safeguard your data. SHOP VESTAS.com follows ITIL standards and standard ISO-27001 as framework for the IT security setup. Any personal data submitted will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be processed for the purposes for which they are collected.
How long we will hold your personal data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it (as further described in this policy) – we will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose; and
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal data.
If you follow a link to another website (including a website operated by Vestas), different privacy policies may apply. You should read these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites and agree that use of your personal data by those websites will be subject to those privacy policies.
You have the right to gain access to the data processed about you, however with certain legal limitations. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to rectify the data processed if relevant.
Furthermore, if you wish to exercise your right to access your personal data, to object to it being processed or to rectify processed data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, if you have any complaints about the Vestas Group’s processing of your personal data, you may contact the Danish Data Protection Agency.